Jennifer's Reviews > Home Again

Sep 26, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, romance
Read from September 26 to 28, 2010 — I own a copy

From my book review blog Rundpinne...[return][return]...A Hollywood actress hounded by paparazzi due to her soon to be ex-husband’s scandalous affairs flees to her hometown to protect herself and her child is not exactly a new setting for a novel, yet Mariah Stewart pulls it off magnificently in Home Again, the second book in her series, The Chesapeake Diaries. Home Again is a stand-alone novel and the reader is drawn to the small town of St. Dennis where Dallas MacGregor brings her 6-year-old son while her divorce is finalized and the scandal blows over in Hollywood. Naturally, it would not be a romance novel if Dallas did not meet up with an old flame and there is an element of fear and tension in the novel, but to say more would give the ending away. Stewart sets the scene beautifully and creates a Hollywood actress who is relatable, her precocious and adorable son Cody, kindhearted Grant, and her brilliant Aunt Beryl, who happens to be my absolute favorite character in the book. Home Again accurately describes the book, for the reader learns a lot about St. Dennis, crabbing, the locals, and is an all around delightful and at times suspenseful novel. I enjoyed reading Home Again and look forward to the third book in The Chesapeake Diaries, Almost Home Again. I would recommend Home Again to anyone looking for a slower paced, enjoyable and descriptive book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home Again.