Janna's Reviews > Petra: City of Stone

Petra by T.L. Higley

Sep 26, 10

Read in September, 2010

T.L.Higley has done it again! She has picked a period and place in time that few people dare to tackle and she has brought history to life through a fascinating story. She has created characters that I love, a setting that I want to learn more about and a story that I didn't want to end. This time the setting is Petra, the city of stone, the time is about 170 AD and Rome is spreading their empire to absorb more and more places. Next on the list... Petra. Enter Cassia and her son Alexander who head to Petra upon learning that Alexander's dad was from there and so Alexander has relatives they could meet. They arrive to find more than they bargained for and before long both of their lives are in danger. Separately Julian arrives in Petra after leaving Rome to keep his family out of harm's way. He meets up with the church in Petra and Malik who is the elder there. Things are definitely stirring in the heavenly realms. The story takes off quickly and it is difficult to put down.

This book will be required reading for my daughter as part of high school history along with T.L.'s Ancient Wonder books. Her ability to bring history to life is an invaluable tool for keeping my daughter interested in ancient history. I can't wait for more from T.L.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Petra.