Tony's Reviews > The Call of the Wild and White Fang

M_50x66
Nov 23, 10

Read from September 26 to October 26, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Book Review #1
There were two books in this one book so I'll only be reviewing one of them, The Call Of The Wild by Jack London. i though this book was really good. It had a lot of meaning in it and it was mostly about dogs become fierce warriors. This one day named Buck was kidnapped and sold to humans. They were suppose to carry the humans sled. At first, Buck was weak, really weak. He was raised by humans in a house. As the story progresses, Buck becomes a lot stronger, leading the group of dogs. I think the theme of this book is that the stronger one wins. When he was first kidnapped, he faught back against the man with the club. but Buck easily lost and was beaten. After his fight with the man, he gets stronger and stronger. He learns that you can't be friendly in the dog or human world as it will get you killed in an instant. This book is fictional. I really liked this book. it was fun to read and there were a lot of action. there was a lot of killing and a lot of suspense. It kept you thinking about what would happen. What i dont like about the book is how the author used such hard words. There were other words that werent even english and that just really confused me. Buck, to me is a very round character. we know a lot about his life and his struggles. He also changes throughout the story. Physically and emotionally. At the beginnning, he was a weak dog, but after pulling the sled, he got a lot stronger. he also became a lot more ruthless, killing the other dog. I think this book was really good and i recommend it a lot. it may be hard to read, but i really like it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Call of the Wild and White Fang.

09/26/2010 page 38
13.0% "i can't believe Buck is now the leader. I never thought he would be able to kill Spitz. Buck had just joined, and now he's the leader"
09/26/2010 page 38
13.0% "I can't believe that Buck killed Spitz, I didn't think he could do it, but he did. Buck had just joined, and now he's the leader of the pack"
10/12/2010 page 131
39.0% "At the beginning of the trip, there were six dogs, now they're down to their last dog. all of the other dogs had been lured into a trap by the she-wolf. I'm guessing he won't be as dumb as the others."
show 7 hidden updates…