Annie McElfresh's Reviews > Where I Belong

Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley

Sep 26, 2010

liked it

Corrinne is very snarky in the first quarter of the book, which I love, and then as she leans that maybe things aren't so bad in Broken Spoke, Texas she changes. For the better. Her character becomes more down to earth and less snobbish. The side of her that actually loves and cares for the people in the small town she's now living in becomes apparent when her BFF from New York comes to visit her.

I love how Corrinne doesn't revert back to her snobbish big city ways. She actually stands up to her friend when she starts making fun of, or complaining about everything in Broken Spoke.

The last paragraph of the plot listed above describes this novel so well. The cover leads you to believe that this novel is a romance, but it isn't really. I mean, yeah, there is a little sprinkle of it, but it's not what the books about. It's about acceptance and self discovery. And the main character's journey to learn that.

Read this one if you like YA contemporary books that center more around learning about yourself and figuring out who you are.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where I Belong.