Jane Stewart's Reviews > Dark Prince

Dark Prince by Christine Feehan

Sep 26, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in March, 2007

Boring plot and conversations, unlikeable heroine.

This mass market paperback included two stories, "Dark Prince" and a shorter story "Dark Descent." "Dark Prince" was the first in her series. It had a weak and boring plot. There were too many redundant and boring conversations. I disliked the heroine, Raven. She said "I'm very intelligent" yet she repeatedly did stupid things. For example, she had no ability to attack or defend herself, yet she alone followed four assassins and got stabbed several times, almost dying. Another time, a bad vampire is after her, three good guys tell her to run and leave but she says, no I can help, she stayed and the bad vampire kidnapped her. The author claimed Raven was compassionate yet when her mate was seriously injured, she told him she wanted to break up with him. As evidence of her compassion, she told her mate not to hurt the bad guys who were trying to kill them. I don't care for conflicts based on that kind of compassion. The second story, "Dark Descent" surprised me. It was as if the author was saying "See how my writing has improved?" It was a story similar to "Dark Prince," a psychic human woman telepathically communicates with a Carpathian. He immediately knows she is his lifemate. They meet and become mates. She was likeable and had fighting abilities. No redundant boring conversations. It was much better written. However, I will probably not be reading any more of this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Prince.