Joshua Andert's Reviews > Prelude to Foundation

Prelude to Foundation by Isaac Asimov

Sep 26, 10

bookshelves: 2010, science-fiction
Read in September, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I've always heard of Isaac Asimov spoken as legend in science fiction. So, when I saw this book sitting in the Tibetan used englsih bookstore, I thought what the hell. I wasn't terribly impressed. The story was a little slow and the plot never really seemed to develop. As a prequel book, I think this book is geared toward Asimov nerds who've read all the other books. With that said, I could see myself becoming an Asimov nerd. I enjoyed the end of the book when you discover Hummin is actually Da-Nee (which I totally called). In the preface to the book Asimov explains the order he thinks his Foundation, Robot and Empire novels should be read. The order doesn't start with Prequel to Foundation. So, I think I need to start with the Robot novels. Perhaps I will enjoy them more.

I recommend this book to anyone who already enjoys Asimov and knows his world and characters. If this isn't you, don't start reading Asimov with this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prelude to Foundation.