Lin's Reviews > Moonshine

Moonshine by Rob Thurman

Oct 02, 10

bookshelves: 2010, supernatural
Read from September 29 to October 02, 2010

The second Cal Leandros book and I think I love these books more than they deserve. Which is a lot
After the events of the first Cal and Niko have set up an agency with Promise, taking jobs using their unusual skill set. When a job gathering information on one of the kin (the werewolf mafia) goes wrong it turns out their employer has other objectives Cal is pushed over the edge as hostages are taken.

Cal's voice grows stronger, more assured throughout in his internalised ramblings. He's still as sarcastic and damaged as ever and still worshiping his older brother who can do no wrong (Of course Nik's ringtone is Kung Fu Fighting). Apparently he also tastes bad.
And he punches a wolf in the tonsils.

The plot was tense and amusing. Cal's Auphe side shows itself more which is cool. The baddies are awesome, especially Cerberus (think hard on the name)

Not sure about Cal/George (She would lie to him and he knows it) but the last line of the book did have me shouting damn
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonshine.

09/30/2010
50.0% "I think I love these books a little more than they deserve, but Caliban you've hooked me. Its the constant sarcasm. I only wish Niko wasn't so goddamned perfect"