Jane Stewart's Reviews > Divorced, Desperate and Delicious

Divorced, Desperate and Delicious by Christie Craig

Sep 25, 10

bookshelves: humorous-romance-with-some-suspense, 5-star-romantic-suspense
Read in September, 2008

Feel good humor and romance.

REVIEWER'S OPINION:
I had trouble deciding between 4 and 5 stars, but I went with 5 because it “lightened my heart and brightened my day.” Some books are hard to put down due to suspense or other intense anticipation. This book is not like that. I was able to put it down, but it was enjoyable all the way through. I was laughing out loud several times and continued to chuckle over certain conversations the next day after reading the book. It’s a feel good story with a bunch of funny lines. The characters are fun. The good guys/bad guys plot works well. There are some warmly sensual love scenes.

STORY BRIEF:
Police detective Chase is being framed by bad cop Zeke. Zeke planted drugs in Chase’s home and shot another cop Stokes, blaming it on Chase. Zeke plans to shoot Chase, but Chase jumps off a bridge into a river and gets away. Chase ends up at Lacy’s home and asks for her help. The tv shows his picture, saying he’s wanted by the police. At first she is afraid of him, and he handcuffs her to the bed so he can sleep awhile. Later she starts to trust him and helps him. Lacy was divorced I think two years earlier and has been living like a nun since.

DATA:
Story length: 323 pages. Sexual language: mild. Number of sex scenes: 5. Length of sex scenes: 1 short scene (1/3 page) and 4 long scenes (4.5 to 7.3 pages). Setting: current day Houston, Texas. Copyright: 2007. Genre: humorous romance with some suspense.

OTHER BOOKS:
To date, I’ve read the following Christie Craig books.
5 stars. Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (this review). Copyrt 2007.
2 stars. Divorced, Desperate and Dating (sequel to above). Copyrt 2008. Review Date 5/7/09.
3 stars. Weddings Can Be Murder. Copyrt 2008. Review Date 5/7/09.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divorced, Desperate and Delicious.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by ElaineY (new) - added it

ElaineY LOL! I just read my own comment in my review of the book:D

Jane Stewart I just read your comment too - LOL

Kathleen Gonna get this one!

Jane Stewart Kathleen - I’m delighted! Hope you get some laughs.

message 5: by Kathleen (last edited Mar 13, 2013 02:33PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathleen I chuckled several times. The cat food! The conversation with Zeke, when he first came to the door! And you're right, it was a "feel good" read, but on a more serious note, I thought the author earned 5 stars for her portrayal of Zeke's mental state. I had never read this author before. Promising! Debated between 3 and 4 stars, but went with 3.75, mainly because Lacy engaged in too much rumination, worry, hemming and hawing about whether to get it on with Chase. Just get in bed already! haha! It's a pet peeve. Here's my review.