Trudy's Reviews > The Last Templar

The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury

Sep 28, 10

Read from September 25 to 26, 2010

I think I read this book shortly after it was first published because the first 50 - 60 pages create quite an impression and they felt very familiar to me. I'm sure I picked up the book the first time because of the title, the second time as well. The Templars fascinate me, however, the book did not.

This was yet another book about some "secret" that could destroy the Catholic church, and the faith of more than 1 billion people around the world. If the rest of the book had lived up to the drama of the scene in the museum, I would have given this a 5. I kept turning the pages, but skim read most of the last third of the book. Once the chase started, it was pretty typical.

There was one HUGE glaring leap of logic that I simply could not get past so I knocked 1 star off for that as well, and since I'm not going to really recommend the book, I'll tell you what it was. An FBI agent is tracking a lay person who has given valuable information to the FBI. The agent tracks this person to the airport and without a passport, having paid cash for his ticket, and no luggage, he was allowed on board. Before 9-11 maybe this would have been okay, but 4 years later????? I could not get past this and here is where I started skimming. I would have quit reading, but I wanted to find out what the big secret was. It was disappointing.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Templar.