Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)'s Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Sep 24, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal, young-adult, owned-and-read
Read from March 18 to 19, 2012

I loooved this book so much, it's definitely one of my favourites of the three in the series, I loved the mystery and of course Patch in this storyline.
Nora wakes up in a cemetery with no idea how or why she's there, she's confused and disorientated and after running away from a man who works there she faints and awakens in hospital where her Mum tells her she's been missing for the last three months, Nora can't remember anything what's even worse she finds she's missing her memories from the last five months from even before she went missing.
In her absence her Mum has started dating Hank her enemy Marci's Dad and she knows there's something about him that she can't quite put her finger on.
She also keeps getting fleeting glimpses in her mind of someone's eyes and the colour black, memories of Patch whom she also can't remember.
In flashes of her memory returning she meets a mysterious boy Jev who seems familiar to her after he saves her after nearly being killed.
It's the story behind the loss of her memory and what happened to her that made her forget that makes this story so good, and while Patch does take a while to appear in the story, it's well worth it when he does.
There is a war brewing between the Fallen and the Nephilim and after the ending both Nora and Patch have to decide what side they will fight on.
I cannot wait to see how the final book in this series will turn out and I hope it will be a finale deserving of this fantastic series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

Quotes Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book) Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Since we're keeping it primal, you smell good," he observed.

"It's called a shower...," I began automatically, then trailed off. My memory snagged, taken aback by a compelling and forceful sense of undue familiarity. "Soap, shampoo, hot water," I added, almost as an afterthought.

"Naked. I know the drill," Jev said, something unreadeble passing over his eyes.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Or, if you decide you want to sleep at my place, on opposite sides of my bedroom with a Do Not Cross line drawn down the middle, I'll do it. I won't like it, but I'll do it.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Quit calling me Grey. It makes me sound like I’m a boy. Like Dorian Gray.”

“Dorian who?”

I sighed. “Just think up something else. Plain old Nora works too, you know.”

“Sure thing, Gumdrop.”

I grimaced. “I take that back. Let’s stick with Grey.”

03/18/2012 page 267