Cyndi Tefft's Reviews > Darkfever

3919989
Dec 13, 12

bookshelves: favorite-books, urban-fantasy
Read from November 14 to 16, 2011

I first heard of this book because of a link to a fan trailer someone posted on Twitter. I didn't even know what I was watching (other than a collection of photos of hot guys and cool cars). It was a mindblowingly sexy trailer, though, and so I asked on Twitter if anyone liked the book.

Boy, did they! And now I know why.

Darkfever is the first of the series and I can tell you right now, I'm going to eat them like candy, one right after the other. Riotously funny in spots, non-stop action, the tease of what's to come in future books with Jericho Barrons... yep, I'm sold.

I will say that Moning has a couple writing hiccups I'm not fond of. She overuses names in dialogue (Barrons calls her Ms. Lane every other time he opens his mouth) and I don't care for the narrator style where she interjects lessons learned after the fact (i.e. later I'd realize that...). It pulls me out of the story and reminds me that this is just a recounting, and not happening as I read.

Still, even with those flaws, I loved the book and am rolling right on to the next one!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.

Michelle  novelsontherun Glad you enjoyed it...I LOVE this series!! I think Barrons always calls her Ms. Lane is very deliberate as he calls her Mac when he is scared for her. Ms. Lane is to kind of annoy her and put her in her place. The more you read of this series the more it clicks into place why he does what he does with her:D

Amanda Leone Ohmygod I LOVE this series! I just read her newest Fever World book too. Also very good.