Nancy Brewer's Reviews > Carolina Rain

Aug 02, 11

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: carolina-rain, beyond-sandy-ridge
Read in July, 2010

As an author, my historical fiction works are based on living eyewitness accounts, research and real life situations.

Carolina Rain, is set in Charleston, SC and is filled with intimate details and eyewitness accounts of The War Between The States. The heroine, Theodosia Elizabeth Sanders, (Lizzie) is in many ways no different than a young woman of our era. Her open heart is filled with hope and a desire for love. Yet, her innocence makes her a target for the less than trustworthy. As the novel unfolds, this remarkable woman rises above all prejudices to embrace the hearts of her true friends.

Beyond Sandy Ridge, the sequel takes place in Stanly County, NC. It focuses on the last year of the war and the days to follow. You will find it just as exciting as Carolina Rain, filled with history, romance and suspense.
Books are available for order on the website, Amazon and now on Kindle. My site will offer you a short story, some poems and enable you to read the first chapters.
Find out if Lizzie's secrets will be forever buried in the sandy soil of Charleston or will they follow her 'Beyond Sandy Ridge,' to the fields of North Carolina.

Thank you, Nancy B. Brewer
www.nancybbrewer.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carolina Rain.

Quotes Nancy Liked

Nancy B. Brewer
“{In the shadows where the ancestors sleep, the bird's song is young, but all else is old. Stillness surrounds me and I breathe softly expecting the unexpected.} from book in progress”

Nancy B. Brewer
“He smiled at me and I felt the tenderness only a daughter could feel.”

Nancy B. Brewer
“It was a beautiful Indian summer morning and perfect for savoring a few extra minutes in bed. There was a breeze blowing through my bedroom window; the air was as crisp as a bite of a fresh red apple.”

Nancy B. Brewer
“As I held the family Bible in my hand and I could almost feel the joys and sorrows that connected me to the past.”

Nancy B. Brewer
“I turned to see a young woman with bed hair, wearing a only a thin nightdress.”

Nancy B. Brewer
“Red for the blood of Christ, green for his everlasting love, blue for heaven above, and old for the King of Kings.”

Nancy B. Brewer
“Mother used to say if you stood out in a rain like that; it would wash away your sins-”

Nancy B. Brewer
“She turned her painted blue eyes toward the assistant and said something in French before she left.”

Nancy B. Brewer
“He was wearing a little bag of “Mojo” around his neck.”

Nancy B. Brewer
“On this night of the Harvest Moon. They tossed bones into the “Bone Fire” and asked the yellow moon to shine its protection over them. (Today we call it a "Bonfire")”

Nancy B. Brewer
“Directly in front of me, crossing the street, I saw a woman laughing and walking arm in arm with two men. When she came to the curb, she lifted her skirt with both hands and vulgarly displayed a pair of indigo stockings.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Mayfield A really good read and very cativiating, could not put it down. Finishing now Beyond Sand Ridge great read also. I highly recommend this author