AH's Reviews > Eternal Rider

Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione

May 31, 12

bookshelves: alpha-males, angels, demons, fantasy, first-in-series, paranormal, zzread-nov-2011, romance, vampires, babr-reviews
Read from November 12 to 13, 2011

Awesome! I loved this!

I’m a sucker for books that take Biblical themes and build upon them. Angels, demons, images of heaven and hell, obscure Biblical and apocryphal stories – I love it. Larissa Ione’s Eternal Rider gives the story a modern flavor. The series builds upon the author’s Demonica series and is best read after Sin Undone. Many of the Demonica character favorites appear in this spin-off series.

Larissa Ione has superb storytelling skills. From the first page to the last, the book was action-packed, fast paced, and full of sexual steaminess. I could not put this book down. The world building is spectacular. The reader is immersed in a world full of angels, demons, and other creatures all waging a war between good and evil. The battle scenes were extremely well done. I felt as if I were there. I enjoyed the author’s sense of humor. Her dialogues are witty and clever. Her use of acronyms makes me chuckle. Who else would name their hospital UGH – Underworld General Hospital?

When it comes to writing alpha males, the author is in a class by herself. The descriptions of Ares had me swooning. I loved Ares and his love interest Cara. They were wonderful together.

Of course, the story can always be improved with the addition of a cute puppy. In this case, a cute hellhound named Hal, short for Halitosis. Best watchdog ever!

If you haven't read Larissa Ione's Demonica series, I would suggest you start there, just to get a taste of her world. You can start with this book, but you may miss some of the fun stuff.

Check out my review on Badass Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Rider.

Dija Hope you enjoy this as much as I did, AH!

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH I haven't put it down all weekend. Loving it.

Tracy Elizabeth Me too, a big sucker for biblical books.

message 4: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Glad you liked it, Watermelon.