Kjersti's Reviews > Confessions of Saint Augustine

Confessions of Saint Augustine by Augustine of Hippo

Jul 16, 11

Read from October 27 to December 18, 2010

This book is great; it's awesome, impressive. Augustine was a truly brilliant man, and I don't think many would disagree.

There were a few thoughts that ran through my mind while reading this. Thoughts like "oh, I've pondered the same", "did you really just write about something so incredibly obvious" and "I can't even begin to comprehend what this guy is talking about" were among the most frequent. Oh, and I disagreed with him here and there as well.

It's evident that while the world has progressed in the last 1500 years; it hasn't. People are still people, and we still ask the same, fundamental questions.. And we still face the same challenges.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of Saint Augustine.

10/27/2010 page 18
11/18/2010 page 45
10.0% 9 comments
12/05/2010 page 101
23.0% "The friendship of men, bound together by a loving tie, is sweet because of the unity that it fashions among many souls. Book 2 Chapter 5."
12/13/2010 page 173
40.0% "It was made manifest to me that beings that suffer corruption are nevertheless good. If they were supremely good, they could not be corrupted, but unless they were good, they could not be corrupted. If they were supremely good, they would be incorruptible, and if they were not good at all, there would be nothing in them to be corrupted."
12/17/2010 page 305
71.0% "Only 65 pages left!! (Not including footnoteS and bibliography.)"
show 15 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new) - added it

Joe Dantona Did you just four-star Saint Augustine?

message 2: by James (new) - added it

James Blasphemy. Damnable blasphemy.

Augustine may have some points on which we do not agree, but I'm hanged if there is ever a reason to four-star him.

Kjersti You're right lads.. I wasn't four-starring Augustine as much as I was four-starring my ability to comprehend Augustine. I hate it when people do that. :P

message 4: by Joe (new) - added it

Joe Dantona It's okay. Welcome back.