~Megan~'s Reviews > Tribute

Tribute by Nora Roberts

Oct 06, 10

bookshelves: best-heroes-ever, romantic-suspense, favorite-authors
Read on October 06, 2010

This is one of my new favorites by Nora Roberts. I had put off reading it because I saw the Lifetime movie and thought it was just okay. I should've known better. I tried to block out Britney Murphy's image (I don't mind her acting, but her hair in that movie was seriously gross) and was successful. Cilla's character in the book was strong and so lonely. I felt really drawn to her and the sadness that she tried to hide. I also loved the relationship with her father and his "new" family....the redemption of their relationship was beautifully written and seemed very believable to me.

Ford was a complete uber-geek and I loved him to death. I think Nora Roberts is the only author who can write a complete nerd as the hero and still make me fall in love with him. I have a serious jones for alpha and dangerous heroes, but her goofy and lovable geeks have just enough fire in them to make them ring my bell. Whereas I tried to block Britney out as Cilla, I actively tried to keep Jason Lewis in my head as Ford...for obvious reasons.

The mystery portion was just alright for me and started to drag a little at the end. If I hadn't watched the movie, though, I don't think I'd have guessed the killer, and that is why I keep my five star rating. That, and because I enjoyed the love story so much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tribute.