Sandra's Reviews > Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11)

Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11) by Amanda Quick

Dec 09, 12

bookshelves: krentz, own, pnr-uf, historical, challenges-2012
Read on December 09, 2012, read count: 2

Re-read 9/12/12 and increased from 4 to 5 stars.

Another great JAK book. This one an Amanda Quick, Victorian era, Arcane Society story.

We finally get some background on the mysterious assassins known as the Sweetwater family. Just as famous/infamous as the Jones family in these stories.

Owen Sweetwater, a hunter talent who searches out psychial monsters and disposes of them permanently is contracted by J & J, an offshoot of Arcane to look into the recent deaths of 2 glass light readers. His gift allows him to predict what the killer will do next and thus he comes across Virginia Dean.

Virginia is a strong glass light talent and is next on the killer's menu. She is already convinced that the other 2 deaths are murders and allows Owen into her life and heart in the guise of protection.

Jayne Ann Krentz, whether writing under her name or Amanda Quick or Jayne Castle is always entertaining and you know what you are going to get before you read them. They always leave you feeling good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quicksilver (Arcane Society, #11).

05/18/2011 page 169
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (PS) (new) - added it

Jane (PS) I hadn't realised this was released yet. Look forward to reading it in a few months :)

Sandra Yep, I've had it for a couple of weeks, not sure if it has made it to the shops yet though. You'll like it ;)

message 3: by Jane (PS) (new) - added it

Jane (PS) I have it on wishlist at BD, but I don't want to pay nearly $20!!

Sandra I paid $16 but that's a lot more than I usually pay. I only paid $9 for the next one Canyons of Night (preordering of course) due in August. I just checked, that one is still $9.

message 5: by Jane (PS) (new) - added it

Jane (PS) Yes - I have the Canyons on wishlist, plus In Too Deep - both around the $9 mark. I'll buy Canyons probably before it's published, but might wait for Quicksilver to drop and borrow it from the library if I need to read it :)

Sandra Of course, these ones are Trade size, when they come out in MMP they'll be cheaper.

message 7: by Jane (PS) (new) - added it

Jane (PS) That's what I would prefer - MMPB :)