Kechelle's Reviews > Not What She Seems

Not What She Seems by Victorine E. Lieske

Oct 27, 10

bookshelves: fiction, read-and-reviewed
Read from October 21 to 25, 2010

Goodness, it’s been a long time since I’ve reviewed a book. So a sincere apology there to anyone who reads these.

Victorine E. Lieske was born 1972 in Nebraska. Victorine has written one novel so far, let’s hope there are many more to come!

I won Not What She Seems through Good Reads, much to my delight. When the book arrived I was reading Echoes by Jackie Hyman, oh how I wish I’d put that book down and read Not What She Seems sooner.

Billionaire Steve Ashton takes a vacation to escape the pressures of high end society. He ventures into the town of his childhood and is drawn into the life of Emily Grant. However Emily has intentions of her own, to form a new life and escape from her dark past.

Wonderful, Not What She Seems kept me on my toes from start to finish.Romantic suspense which teases readers with a who done it atmosphere. Starved for a decent novel I ploughed through this in four days and would have read it sooner if I’d found a well lit place to hide away from humanity.

Victorine throws action and resolution at the reader at a pace that is enjoyable and leaves one begging for more. I connected with each character and consumed by the world in which they lived in.

One thing that bothered me was the constant change of event through the first part of the book, however it wasn’t enough to put me off the novel.

An entertaining read I would suggest this novel to anybody!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not What She Seems.

10/22/2010 page 104