Jennifer's Reviews > Demonstorm

4208569
Jan 12, 11

bookshelves: military-fantasy, fantasy
Read from December 11, 2010 to January 05, 2011 — I own a copy

On the edge of your seat, nail biting, gut wrenching, nonstop action. There are no breathers, breaks, or quiet moments of reflection for The Raven mercenaries in Demonstorm. Once the ball starts rolling in this one it just keeps on going.

To save their home, their world, their loved ones, and the soles of their friends in the afterlife, The Raven must make one last stand that ultimately ends in a decision to go on a suicide mission. But this time, it’s not a suicide mission from hell; it’s a suicide mission to hell. Or rather, from one hell to another.

It’s a heartbreaking tale. I was absolutely shocked at Barcklay’s decision of who lives and who dies. His verdict, while sad, always seems to be the right choice. I’m not going to give anything away, no hint at what happens: You’ll just have to read the serial for yourself.

If you like, military fantasy, with a bit of magic and political intrigue, I highly recommend this series. And make no bones about it; it’s a bloody grim tale.

Yes, yes, I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating : The one thing I love most about the Raven serial is character uniformity. From book one of the Chronicles of the Ravens and throughout the Legacy of the Ravens the characters stayed true. The author never falters in the personalities and distinctive qualities of each of the characters, whether they be the Raven mercenaries themselves or other important figures in the epic tale: no matter what the time span was between each book. A few authors could take a lesson in consistency from Barclay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demonstorm.