Sloan Parker's Reviews > A Lesson In Truth

Aug 20, 2011

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: my-books-stories, m-m
Read in September, 2010 — I own a copy

A free one-scene short available on my website.

David’s a graduate student about to finish his thesis. Michael’s his advisor and former instructor. The two shouldn’t have feelings for each other, but after two years of friendship and longing, David can no longer deny what he’s feeling. Is Michael ready to accept being more than a teacher to a man fifteen years younger? And if they give into their desires, is it only a way for them to say goodbye?
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lesson In Truth.

Quotes Sloan Liked

Sloan Parker
“He either had to stop making me flustered as hell, or I had to quit the Cap’n Crunch. Could a grown man go cold turkey off the Cap’n?”
Sloan Parker, A Lesson In Truth

message 1: by DL (new) - rated it 4 stars

DL You are very generous, Sloan. When did you find the time to write this? But I do thank you!

message 2: by Sloan (new) - added it

Sloan Parker Hi Dlee. Thanks! And you're welcome for the short. I've had it finished for a while now but just decided to get it out and polish it up for the site. I hope you enjoy it!

message 3: by DL (new) - rated it 4 stars

DL I did enjoy it. Somehow you always manage to avoid my pet peeve. Even in a short story you give the couple ample time to fall in love.

message 4: by Sloan (new) - added it

Sloan Parker Thanks! Just saw your nice review. I'm glad their story worked for you. And thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Claudia I just loved it! Left me wanting more! Will there be more? ;)

message 6: by Sloan (new) - added it

Sloan Parker Claudia wrote: "I just loved it! Left me wanting more! Will there be more? ;)"

So glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me know. I don't have more planned for David and Michael yet, but I may do something in the future. I'm going to be starting a serial for my newsletter in the next month or so. The first one will be to expand on my other short “More Than Just a Good Book.” Maybe I'll do another short after that for this story. Hmmm...you've got me thinking now. :)