Becky Everhart's Reviews > Why Do Men Have Nipples?: Hundreds of Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini

Why Do Men Have Nipples? by Mark Leyner

Dec 30, 11

it was ok
bookshelves: humor, medical, non-fiction
Read from September 23, 2010 to December 15, 2011

This book has a lot of obscure medical information, which I was totally into. I'm sure my co-workers, friends, and relatives will hear bits of trivia spouted out at random intervals that I would not have known about otherwise. I found the chapter about drinking to be particularly useful and informative, although I'm not a heavy drinker. The title of this book is hilarious, albeit a bit embarrassing. When my co-worker asked what I was reading, she invariably asked, "Well? Why do they have nipples?" I had to answer, "I haven't got that far yet." Now that I finished the book, I can't really even remember why, so I guess it will remain a mystery for her.

What I am not really into is the cocktail party setting of the book. The authors don't really commit to it, so I was frequently confused when I picked the book back up for more before-bed reading. It seemed like the authors were trying too hard to be funny, which made them come across as buffoons. The IM segments were probably worst of all. they would nitpick and get off subject and generally IM. This seemed like a lazy attempt at filler material, especially as they were trying to name the book. I was also unhappy to see this in conjunction with the party scenes, because they didn't really fit in with each other, and I think the unrealistic party scenes alone were more than enough. I think they could have better used this space with more trivia, which was pretty well-organized, by the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Do Men Have Nipples?.