Hannah's Reviews > The Furious Longing of God

The Furious Longing of God by Brennan Manning

Sep 25, 10

bookshelves: spirituality
Read from September 23 to 25, 2010

Brennan Manning has a beautiful way with words. Some of the things he said and the way he said them just blew me away. It kind of tapered off a bit toward the end, but it was still a really, really good book. I may even give it a few months and then reread it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Furious Longing of God.

Quotes Hannah Liked

Brennan Manning
“I've decided that if I had my life to live over again, I would not only climb more mountains, swim more rivers, and watch more sunsets; I wouldn't only jettison my hot water bottle, raincoat, umbrella, parachute, and raft; I would not only go barefoot earlier in the spring and stay out later in the fall; but I would devote not one more minute to monitoring my spiritual growth. No, not one.”
Brennan Manning, The Furious Longing of God

09/23/2010 page 45
23.0% "I picked up this book in the library and leafed through the first few pages and was kind of blown away by it. I can't wait to read more."
09/24/2010 page 107
56.0% "This book is very deeply touching me. I keep stopping in the middle of sentences to mull over what he's just said. I love it. And as such I'm trying to read it slowly so I can stretch out my enjoyment of it. :)"