Bonnie's Reviews > Going Down South

Going Down South by Bonnie Glover

Jan 11, 2008

(Review from the author)

All right - it is hard not to feel like a parent of a new child when you are getting ready to introduce a book to the public that you have written. Hey, I'm a mom again!

In the writing of this book I have learned a great many things, some of them very personal. But two things, I'll share: Life goes on despite every hurt that dwells inside of your heart and if it weren't for literacy, both reading and writing, I don't know what I would do with myself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Down South.

message 1: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Congratulations, Bonnie. Good luck.

Bonnie Thanks! I'll need it.

Stephy I am so looking forward to reading this book. I grew up reading Flannery O'Connor, and Rita Mae Brown and Florence King, not to mention all the rest of Southern literature. Mama was a Floridian, born in 1921 when it was litterally sand streets in Jacksonville. I've made a dreadful mistake!
I can't imagine how this happened.
READ THIS BOOK!

Bonnie Stephy - we've got to meet because you are so sweet and funny! Please don't worry. Now I feel bad about saying anything.

B

message 5: by Janie (new)

Janie Pendleton Amen to that comment sista! I know exactly how you feel, and the more books you "birth" the more you want to "breed another one"...lol...Ode' to a mom!

Congrats! I'll see you in Bonnie land!

Janie

Bonnie Thank You Janie. i see you feel my pain!

message 7: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Reader Bonnie,
Your books sound wonderful! Now I torn as to which one I should read first. Since I'm the mother of a teenage girl, I think your new book will hit a cord with me. Congratulations on your bouncing new book.
Kim
(K.C Reader)

Bonnie K.C.- I like that - "bouncing new book." Yup, that's what I had, 4ozs!

Stephy Best of luck with your new creation!
Cheers, Stephy

Bonnie Thanks Stephy!

Byrd Alyssa Is this book available on Kindle yet? While I am a "hard copy" bibliophile by nature- I am transitioning many of my libraries new edition's to my portable reading device...

If it is not already available on Kindle, you might consider going to Amazon and requesting that it be added as an option as it will only add to your readership.

All best, and much success in 2009!

Bonnie Alyssa wrote: "Is this book available on Kindle yet? While I am a "hard copy" bibliophile by nature- I am transitioning many of my libraries new edition's to my portable reading device...

If it is not already a..."

Alyssa - my novel is available on Kindle.

Thanks,
B

Byrd Alyssa Awesome! I have it charging and will read Going Down South: A Novel, via kindle!

Bonnie Thank You! Send me a note when you finish. I do hope that you like it!

B

Byrd Alyssa The last pages of Going Down South were devoured early this morning...when I should have been deeply asleep, but- being unable to, happily sat up, turned on the light, and read to completion.

Twas truly a joy to read. I cried and laughed out loud on multiple occasions- though mostly just kept the pages turning.

I had a feeling about Shorty Long being Birdies papa...but the marriage that led to her arrival was a deft surprise!

Bonnie Alyssa - I am so glad that you liked it!!!! Please tell your friends. That would help so much. Word of mouth is the best form of marketing. I'm learning.

Sheryl I really enjoyed your book, it was wonderful.

Bonnie Thank you very much!