Diane Ferbrache's Reviews > The Lady in the Attic

The Lady in the Attic by Tara Randel

Sep 22, 10

bookshelves: family-stories, crafts
Read in September, 2010

Annie spent many summers with her grandmother in Stony Point, Maine, but in recent years she's been living in Texas near her children and grandchildren. When her grandmother, Betsy, dies and Annie inherits her house, she goes to Maine to settle the estate and finds herself involved in a mystery.

I bought this book on a whim. It was advertised in a needlecraft/quilting catalog. I had not heard of the author, but thought it might be a nice book to read and then share with my mother-in-law. I was right. The story of the Stony Point women who meet every week at the local quilt/yarn/craft shop to work on their projects and talk is a sweet interesting story of friendship and small town life. While this is not an action-packed page-turner, it is a nice quiet story of family, friends, and long kept secrets. Although I figured out the mystery long before it was revealed, I didn't mind. I know my mother-in-law will enjoy this too.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lady in the Attic.