Shannon's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

May 08, 11

bookshelves: own, 2011, supernatural, vampire, ya, wolves
Read from May 01 to 07, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This is more of a 3.5, and really only this low because of the last 100 pages.

I was so excited to go back to Jace/Clary/Simon (and Alec/Magnus) but it felt to me like Clare brought back something she shouldn't have. I mean at the end of book 3, all was right with the world, and I get that things like that generally have consequences to pay, but now we'll have 2 more books of the will they or wont they tension (AFTER ALREADY HAVING IT FOR THREE OTHER BOOKS!!!) and we all know that this series should (and will probably) end with Jace and Clary together.

Plus the whole "oh I'm not good enough for her, woe is me" crap we are going to be getting from Jace in the next 2 books. UGH. I like Jace better when he has his swagger TYVM. Emasculated brooding wah wah wah Jace is decidedly unsexy.

The making out scenes were pretty special though, so points for that. I also loved the entirety of the Simon storyline because he is just awesome. The scenes with him, Jace and Kyle were hilarious. Those three are a great trio.

I didn't like how Jace was being "controlled" because of the protections from his birth going away at his "rebirth", I don't know, it just bothered me that plot development. I didn't like it, and not just because I love Jace, but rather it just doesn't fit.

Don't let this fool you either, I'll be reading the next two installments for sure, but I was so thrilled with the last book and thought it ended on such a great note that this is more of a let down for me. Sometimes you want your favorite characters back so badly, you get them and they you realize that you probably should have just enjoyed your happy ending while you had it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

05/04/2011 page 134