Libby's Reviews > The Hiding Place

May 24, 2012

bookshelves: autobiography, thought-provoking-to-me, book-club
Recommended for: Everyone!
Read in May, 2012 — I own a copy

Beautiful, thought provoking story. Corrie Ten Boom is a true example of forgiveness! I can't believe I waited so long to read this!!! This is a story that should be put on everyone's list of "must read in this life."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hiding Place.

Quotes Libby Liked

Corrie ten Boom
“This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.”

Corrie ten Boom
“Dear Jesus...how foolish of me to have called for human help when You are here.”

Corrie ten Boom
“And our wise Father in heaven knows when we're going to need things too. Don't run out ahead of Him.”

Corrie ten Boom
“Even as the angry vengeful thoughts boiled through me, I saw the sin of them. Jesus Christ had died for this man; was I going to ask for more? Lord Jesus, I prayed, forgive me and help me to forgive him....Jesus, I cannot forgive him. Give me your forgiveness....And so I discovered that it is not on our forgiveness any more than on our goodness that the world's healing hinges, but on His. When He tells us to love our enemies, He gives along with the command, the love itself.”

Corrie ten Boom
“In darkness God's truth shines most clear.”