Dennis's Reviews > God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater

God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater by Kurt Vonnegut

Sep 22, 10

One of the characters in the story (actually, a character in a story written by one of the characters in this story) asks, "What are people for?". This questions remains on one's mind while reading this story, as Elliot Rosewater carries on throughout the story, loving without reserve people with no obvious purpose.

Vonnegut's novels always appeal to me on several levels. I love his writing style, I love his quirky storylines, I love the humour-in-despair feel that he always manages to convey. They also appeal to me on a level that I can't quite verbalize, an unconcious level. I know that there's real meaning in his work, but I can't quite bring myself to say what it is.

It's no different with this book. It's full of everything I love about Vonnegut's writing. It's not as fantastic as Sirens of Titan, nor as profound as Slaughterhouse Five, but it's an interesting book, very entertaining, and very thoughtful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater.