J.Elle's Reviews > The Daughters

The Daughters by Joanna Philbin

208599
Nov 29, 11

Read in August, 2010

It is important to note the the author of this book is Regis Philbin's daughter and the premise: three girls with celebrity parents who struggle to deal with being a normal teenager AND the child of a celebrity is something she has personal experience with. I commend her for writing what she knows and I think this made the book better. The book follows three friends (Lizzie, Carina and Hudson) and the emphasis here was on Lizzie. Lizzie's mother is a famous supermodel and Lizzie struggles with feelings of inadequacy when she isn't beautiful like her mom. But then she is approached as "the new face of beauty" and she must learn to deal with her insecurities and somehow find her own sense of self in the industry. I'm pretty sure two more books (each highlighting the other two girls) are on their way and while I enjoyed this, I'm not interested enough to actively seek those out. If I came across one on the shelf at the library though, I might be tempted to read it.

I did come across it on the shelf. And here's my review: The Daughters Break the Rules

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daughters.