Jill's Reviews > The Year of Fog

The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond

F_50x66
Sep 22, 10

Read in September, 2010

This book was well written, so I guess it really doesn't deserve a 2 as a literary work of art. But to me as a book I just feel it was in the ok to like range. Maybe 2 1/2 stars. I don't know why I choose to read it, it being about a girl that is kidnapped, a horrible scenario to delve into anyways and I did like that it didn't seem all unrealistic or get too horribly dark, but it was a book that captivated me but I couldn't wait for it to be done and it didn't leave me with the feel good ending I wanted just didn't finish up all tidy and feel goodish I guess but with the way the book went It wouldn't have made sense if it did. I wouldn't recommend it or want to share it with anyone really as it wasn't a journey I really enjoyed but it was eye opening in a way. Unfortunately that has happened to some very innocent, undeserving children and families, though I didn't find it educational enough exactly or uplifting or purposeful enough in a sense too. overall a good read but falling short of a great work and for me not something I'm eager to share with anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of Fog.