Jegan's Reviews > Open

Open by Andre Agassi

May 12, 12

This is one is surely for all those skeptics who had that doubt on whether he deserved this esteem and the Honey Steffi graff :)

The Autobiography which I longed to read and Im Happy that my wallet was Open for Open.

The moment I started this , I went straight to the days were I used to bunk classes, skip food, Hold my bowels, prorogue almost anything Just to witness the charm this guy was evincing on the court.

The expectation rose within me as I tried to stop envisage my past wid agassi and started to unravel the book.I wanted it to be a paperback holding his attitude, his never say never guts, his "who the hell are you persona" .Basically I wanted to revisit the Agassi during the early 90s.

No prize for guessing how the book started. Yes, It was his childhood. But I was simply moved by the fact that he neva had the incite in him to pursue such an adorable career. Tennis was instilled in him, His passion for tennis was not cultivated from within but was inculcated ( The mood was sulken ,my eyes heavy as i whistled past his
emotional childhood).

Love all. Yes. The tennis in him started. His early defeats , The Grand slam slams, The humongous five sets that he has won was witnessed once again. Although he was getting oshoistic in preaching on how patience and composure is mandatory for success, I was still hooked as I could palpate his trueness/genuineness. Then came Sampras , Becker , Hewitt , Ivanicivic , Kafelnikov , Pat rafter , in short the players whom i loved when they were not against Agassi :) Lemme stop the book in here.

The book for a read is a gentle breeze that just conceived a tear and left me searching for CDs to watch him play again. I just wished that he had written it few yrs back, when i was drying my throat in the event of supporting him, during the debate on 'Sampras vs Agassi'.

For all the sceptics, yes im OPEN for any debate on the Legend-A Human-Agassi :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Open.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Praj (new)

Praj Nice review!:)

Jegan :) Nice profile pic :)

message 3: by Neha (new)

Neha liked ur review.. so from the heart.. I am not a tennis viewer forget abt being a fan.. but the book seems a good read

Jegan @Neha - Thankz :) Although one can skim thro most part of it .. Bt worth a read :)