Jayme's Reviews > Thrive Diet: The Whole Food Way To Losing Weight Reducing Stress And Staying

Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier

Sep 26, 10

bookshelves: 2010, cookbooks, health, reference, vegan, vancouver, canada, 21st-century
Recommended for: Athletic vegans
Read from September 21 to 24, 2010, read count: 1

The kind of book that makes you feel like your diet is incredibly shitty, even if it isn't. Brazier's diet is so intense, healthy, crazy, delicious, that your diet just doesn't stand a chance. So for the time being it's inspired me to work on eating more raw foods, cutting back (or maybe even cutting out) the coffee, refined sugars and carbohydrates, etc.

I don't buy everything in Brazier's book though. He subscribes heavily to the whole alkaline food theory, and I'm not sold on that one at all. But, even though I hesitate with that one, I have to admit that eating the foods that fall into the alkaline forming category, will do nothing but make me healthier.

The back third of this book is all recipes and a twelve week meal plan. Which rocks. He even includes recipes for healthy energy bars and sports drinks and gels. All things I'm really interested in making for myself since it doesn't take a genius to notice that most of the sports stuff on the market, is pretty damn close to being junk food.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thrive Diet.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina I'm with you about how sport food is all junk food. I also appreciate how you've increased your use of cursing in your book reviews. Ah. I'm slightly tempted to give this book a read simply to give the hubbs more ideas with his cooking, but unfortunately we both love junk food so much and we can consume mass amounts of it because it's all "vegan junk food." Example, deep fried sweet potato, its vegan, and delicious.

Jayme Mmm...deep frying makes so many things so delicious.