Kim's Reviews > The Hounds of the Morrigan

282056
Sep 24, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, juvenile
Read from September 21 to 24, 2010

There are many books I read as a child that I've thought to pass on to my own children, but only rarely have I discovered the same sort of books as an adult. The Hounds of the Morrigan absolutely fits into this category. It's longer than many of those favorite childhood books, but it contains just the right amounts of adventure, humor, and sweetness. And if it proves too long for the children in my life to read themselves, I think it'd be tremendous fun to read aloud. If you enjoy fond memories of Lloyd Alexander, Frances Hodgson Burnett, Roald Dahl, J.R.R. Tolkien, or C.S. Lewis, give Pat O'Shea a read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hounds of the Morrigan.

09/22/2010 page 194
28.0% "This would make such a good audiobook...just once I want to hear Puddeneen's actual accent."

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Emma Glaisher Me too! My daughter got this out of her school library aged 8 or 9 and I read the whole thing to her. It was a wonderful journey of discovery for both of us and a book to treasure forever.

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I'm so excited you had the same sort of experience. I don't have any kids yet, and my niece and nephew are still too young, but this is exactly what I'm hoping for. :)