Dlora's Reviews > The Last Templar

Sep 21, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: adventure-action, political-thriller
Read in September, 2010

This is another one of those Da Vinci Code type books were the good guys are racing to beat the bad guys, solving clue after clue, to find a centuries-old treasure that will change the world. I actually liked the book better than I thought I would. Greg had read it and was disgusted with the author's stance that religion is manipulative and fake. I thought the author was more balanced than that. Of the two main characters, one is an archeologist who feels much of religion is based on myth with no scientific evidence, while the other character who is an FBI agent has a strong faith and feels supported by it's tenets. That's one of the conflicts that complicate their relationship, along with trying to find what was hidden by the last Templar while avoiding being killed by the bad guys. The bad guys also come in a balanced set--an unbalanced archeologist who wants to uncover the truth about Christianity pitted against a Vatican operative who will kill to prevent it. There are flashbacks to the fall of the Holy Land and the last Templars' attempt to smuggle out an irreplaceable artifact of incalculable value, hiding it from infidels and Christians alike.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Templar.