Suzanne 's Reviews > Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei: The Power of Negative Thinking Volume 3

Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei by Kohji Kumeta

Oct 01, 10

Read from September 21 to 25, 2010

Second review: It's amazing how this book can be so random and funny at once. It's a little on the odd side, but I think it's a good book. The drawings and jokes in this book is so funny. This book is basically about a teacher named Zetsubou. His students call him Zetsubou-Sensei. The title, "Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei" means "Farewell, Zetsubou-Sensei" in Japanese. Sensei means teacher, or someone greater than oneself. Zetsubou is the kind of person who looks at life negatively. He wants to commit suicide, but is never able to. It's because of his students. They don't care if he does commit suicide. That seems to keep him from doing it though.
Sometimes you won't understand what's going on in the chapter(I say chapters because each chapter is a new mini story) because it's that random. Overall, I really liked the book. I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read manga. Also to the people who are able to understand the jokes and weirdness in this manga.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei.

09/24/2010 page 98
56.0% "So far, the book has been random in many ways. The first chapter was about a "gross-out" test. The second chapter was about a kid who reads a lot. The third chapter was about cultural and non-cultural things. The next chapter was about a "preview" of a trip to Kyoto. Another chapter was about the teacher wanting to be younger. Another was about a festival. Now, it's about the mistakes in life. This book is so weird."