Mia Searles (The Muses Circle)'s Reviews > Autobiography of a Recovering Skinhead

Autobiography of a Recovering Skinhead by Frank Meeink

Oct 14, 10

bookshelves: biography-autobiography, favorites
Read from September 28 to October 08, 2010

I'll be perfectly honest-- other then assigned books that I HAD to read for high school and college, I rarely pick up biographies or autobiographies at a bookstore.

Three to four years ago I never read a young adult novel until the Twilight Saga. Now I am addicted.

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to track down my mom in Barnes & Noble and found her in the biography section. They are her type of books. As I was trying to help her find a couple of books on the Holocaust (crazy right?) I saw this striking book cover with the title Autobiography of a Recovering Skinhead. I read the inside flap and I wanted it. But for some reason I put the book back. I went home and for 4 days my brain, one way or another, could not stop thinking about that book. I finally drove back and bought it. In the days that passed and the book became an extension of my hands, I came to learn things about a movement that I suddenly realized I basically knew nothing about and the things I thought I knew were completely wrong...

Read my whole review of this book on my blog:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autobiography of a Recovering Skinhead.

09/28/2010 page 31
10.0% "I picked this book up because I am doing a little research for a story idea I've had in my head. This book is blowing my mind and I am only 30 pages in!"
09/29/2010 page 95
30.0% "This book keeps getting better and better as Frank's recollections of his experiences get more violent and disturbing. My emotions range from deep sadness and rage to horror and disgust. Yet I can't stop reading. Must continue on..."