Camille's Reviews > Good in Bed

Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

Jan 11, 2008

it was ok
Read in January, 2008

** spoiler alert ** This was an interesting book; I read it for an on-line book group. I did like reading it, but at the same time, it's definitely not one I would recommend or would be on any "must read" list I would write.

The thing I think Jennifer Weiner did well was writing in a way that I did get sucked into Cannie's life and her pain. I think anyone who's had a lost love can really relate to that kind of misery, and I think she did a great job describing it. So much so, that my mood was somewhat muted days after reading it. You do just kind of want to grab her and shake her, and say, "Give it up!" But, at the same time, it's true to life in my experience. When you are that upset over someone, you don't really act in a level-headed way.

However, there were plenty of blatant flaws with the story, in my opinion. It was just "too good to be true" too many times for my gag reflex. In a way, that's what's great about fiction . . . anything can happen.

*spoiler*

At the same time, it's nice to have things be somewhat realistic, and I don't think the instant celebrity best friend, screenplay hitting big, and swiping the x's job are in line with that! I expecially didn't like how she ended up having her baby by being pushed by the new girlfriend . . . seemed so Jerry Springer. I even thought that was rather unrealistic. Made me roll my eyes a little. But, I did like the ending. Dr. K. is a great character.

Overall, it did keep my interest, mostly, and I'm not sorry I read it. But, I know I won't be seeking out her other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good in Bed.

04/24/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Your review pretty much hit the nail on the head for how I felt about the book. It did seem to have potential but then devolved into silliness. Like you, I won't be reading any more from this author but I did walk away with some enjoyment of the book.

message 2: by Seany (new)

Seany what

Monica I agree: I was enjoying until she and and Moxie became BFFs, so unrealistic it also made me roll my eyes. Felt like a teen book.