Hasaam Ahmad's Reviews > Travel Team

Travel Team by Mike Lupica

U 50x66
Sep 21, 2010

Read from September 21 to 23, 2010

The book I just finished reading is called Travel Team by: Mike Lupica. which is a 274 page fiction story about a kid named Danny Walker who loves to play the sport basketball, but because of his small structure the coaches won’t allow Danny to play on their team despite his talent. From hearing of this tragic cut towards Danny. Danny’s father (Richie Walker), who led the team to the national championship when he was Danny’s age decides to start his own traveling team for which Danny can play in and help lead the team to the state championship. But the question is do they win the championship? Or is was everybody right about Danny that physical strength is better then skill?
Travel team was a great book, I would recommend this book to sport fans, Athletes, and all ages will enjoy this realistic inspirational novel. The thesis would be about achieving your goals, regardless of the seemingly large obstacles that may be in your way. The theme of the novel is if you love something and have passion for it then you will succeed in getting it. I would rate this book a 10/10 because it’s very interesting and when you read it you always want to read more. If I could change anything in the book I wouldn’t change anything. It is a really good book if you like sports, which I do.
I think the authors purpose in writing this book was to send out messages like nothing is impossible, talent doesn’t matter unless you work hard for it and so on. This book has affected me in many ways it has motivated me to try out for the school team also to has given my the boost I needed to start working out and getting bigger this book has basically changed my life in ways I never thought I would get by reading at least. I would defiantly recommend this book to everybody who needs that little motivation like I did to make my self a better person in not just people eyes but my own eyes.
will find that the author did not just write a great book but he made great characters to go along with in you find that people in the book can easily be related to people in real life to your own life. The style would be intellectual qualities because it had a simple feel to it, the settings of the book was mostly based on the courts due to the fact that its based on basketball. In conclusion to this review I would like to say I had a great time reading this as I hope you will to as you read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Travel Team.

09/21/2010 page 90