Melyssa's Reviews > A Spy in the House

A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee

Oct 18, 14

bookshelves: favorites, mystery, victorian, would-read-again, eras, ya, 2010, i-own-it, romance-ish
Read from August 02, 2011 to October 18, 2014

I loved this book! I seriously could not put it down. I got angry when I was interupted at work, I got snippy when I had to set it down at home... It was just not pretty. But the book! It was absolutely addicting. I love it when the chemistry between two characters is tangible to me like it was in this book. And Quigley! I cried... And I never cry...

All in all... Compelling read. And I'm eagerly awaiting the second book to be delivered to the near by library! (Libraries... Did you know they let you take books? For free??) :D
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Spy in the House.

Quotes Melyssa Liked

Y.S. Lee
“He laughed, then became serious once more. "Mary............"
The expression in his eyes set her heart pounding. "Yes?"
Twice he began to frame a sentence, and twice his voice seemed to fail him.
And she thought she understood. What could he possibly say to her now, when he was on the verge of leaving forever? Even something as simple as asking her to write to him carried a distinct sort of promis, the type of promise he was ten years and a half a world removed from being able to make.
She forced a polite smile and held out her hand. "Good luck, James."
Regret-and relief-flooded his eyes. he took her hand, cradling it for a long moment. "And to you."
It was foolish to linger. She slid her fingers from his grasp, turned, and began to walk away in the direction of the Academy. She'd gone about thirty paces when she heard his voice.
"Mary!"
She spun about. "What is it?"
"Stay out of wardrobes!"
She laughed, shook her head, and began to walk again. She was smiling this time.”
Y.S. Lee, A Spy in the House

08/04/2011 page 226
67.0% "I just can't get enough of this book!"
10/16/2014 marked as: currently-reading
10/18/2014 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teghan (new) - added it

Teghan omg. what a find. adding it. I love going through other peoples shelves...whoa that sounded creepy

Melyssa You are a book stalker. Wee-Ooooh! Wee-Ooooh! Alert! Alert! ;) I like looking at what people are reading too... No worries.

message 3: by Teghan (new) - added it

Teghan I'm sure its a sociopathic trait all GR members have...book snooping.