Cameron's Reviews > The Street Lawyer

The Street Lawyer by John Grisham

M 50x66
Sep 21, 2010

liked it

I don't usually read John Grisham books, but I decided to give "The Street Lawyer" a shot. It was actually pretty good. Michael Brock is a wealthy lawyer who's life is changed when a homeless man comes into his law firm's office and takes him along with several other lawyers hostage. The homeless man is eventually gunned down by a police sniper, but what Michael learned from this homeless man while being held hostage, changes his life forever. He ends up leaving his firm to work at a Street Legal Clinic, which is designed to protect the rights of the homeless. Michael has trouble transforming from working for a high level law firm and making six figures a year to being a poorly payed street lawyer(as one would imagine). He ends up trying to take down his old law firm, Drake and Sweeney. It is a very upbeat story, with some dry spots along the way but it definitely kept me entertained. All in all, "The Street Lawyer" was a very interesting story, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good and easy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Street Lawyer.