Robert Beveridge's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 12: Life Among Them

The Walking Dead, Vol. 12 by Robert Kirkman

Sep 21, 10

bookshelves: finished, cuy-co-pub-lib
Read on September 13, 2010, read count: 1

Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead: Life Among Them (Image, 2010)

As I write this, we are less than six weeks away from the premiere of the AMC adaptation of The Walking Dead, and the anticipation level is excruciating. Granted, at least half of us are already asking “are they going to screw this up as bad as CW did Legend of the Seeker?”, but you know the drill. And this is the atmosphere in which I (finally!) got my hands on Life Among Them, the twelfth book in the series. (I've had it on hold from the library for about five months now.) The group, now whittled down almost to a core, has almost made it to Washington, DC, when a startling revelation changes everything... or does it? Rick and Abraham decide to plow on to Washington anyway to see if they can scavenge some supplies, and there they find out that the title of this book does not mean what they think it means, not at all. (Sorry, couldn't think of any other way to do that without a spoiler, cheesy as it is.) There's nothing I can say about The Walking Dead that I haven't already said in earlier reviews, and the simple fact is that the steadiness of the quality of the series makes it one of the great pleasures in comics today. If you're curious about the upcoming series, what better way to prepare than to read the books? ****

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 12.