Leontine's Reviews > Seducing the Succubus

Seducing the Succubus by Cassie Ryan

Oct 27, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from September 22 to October 27, 2010

When four succubi sisters stopped Semeizas it triggered the possibility of cataclysmic events that none of them expected. Now the four sisters need to play their part to prevent events from happening and find their way back to their queen, Lilith. Along the way they will be tested, tried and accompanied by a chosen male. Jezebeth find herself in the middle of a demon fight when she is rescued by Noah and together they go on an action filled chase to reach the safe haven of Lilith’s lair.

Cassie Ryan kept my attention with a strong minded succubi Queen, ominous powerful archangels, prophecies, an exciting chase and it is all voiced in a pleasant storytelling. There were two surprises for me in SEDUCING THE SUCCUBUS. One, I found a group of archangels who hit all the right notes; vigorous, sensual, handsome, dressed in leather and strong personalities. These angels, even the female Gabriel, captured my undivided attention. The second surprise was the woman on woman erotic play. Lilith and Gabriel together really could make the sexy and sensual exploration of each other become titillating good, but even more so, feel very natural to their personalities.

The story is told in two major storylines, one where the archangels were giving background information on unfolding events and allowing me to understand the interconnected relationships they have or had among one another. While the second storyline of Jez and Noah’s chase and romance was intertwined with all that went down in heaven and hell it did not captivate me very much. The problem I had with these two separate storylines is not that it didn’t make a coherent story, it was. Yet the archangels; Uriel, Gabriel, Raphael and Michael, the impossible romance between Lilith and Uriel, and trying to understand the bigger picture of what is going on kept my attention way more than the chase and attraction developing between Jez and Noah.

Jezebeth is matter-of-fact honest, she has a quick wit and humor. She is tough for herself but it is only to protect her more emotional side. She meets Noah Halston in a escalating bar fight and he is chivalrous, honorable, he uses his knowledge to create weapons to fight with and becomes quite the knight in shining armor. Both characters are very likable in all their character traits but they never leaped of the pages. They fit together, they have a certain chemistry, they have entertaining dialogues but for some reason it never went beyond me liking them. The romance never really took off and remained on the superficial side. Perhaps because they didn’t take center stage in the story, I felt they were more a part of the overall quest developing than anything else.

What made SEDUCING THE SUCCBUS an entertaining story was the quest unfolding, I loved the angle of the prophecy, the way the archangels and four succubi sisters had or are going to play their role in it. The good versus evil, the power of the free will and the scheming of those who are utterly selfish. The eroticism in spine tingling good, Cassie Ryan knows how to evoke the sensual chemistry between two characters and steadily increase the body heat with hot scenes. Where Noah and Jez attraction romance development lacked substance it is the forbidden love between Uriel and Lilith that pulled on my heartstrings.

The sum of the part in Cassie Ryan’s SEDUCING THE SUCCUBUS contains sexy archangels, a Succubi queen to care for, pulls pounding sensuality and a tension filled plot that whets the appetite for more. Let the games begin between heaven and hell!

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seducing the Succubus.

09/22/2010 page 1
10/12/2010 page 36
11.0% "Reading hawt girl on girl action!"
10/15/2010 page 159
47.0% "Archangels and prophecies really spice up this story!"
show 1 hidden update…