Kitt's Reviews > Ten Things I Love About You

Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn

Nov 13, 10

bookshelves: read-2010, historical, books-i-own
Read from July 16 to 17, 2010

Ten Things I Love About You is very funny. It had me laughing-out-loud through out. Though, it was Olivia Bevelstoke that made this book so humorous as she takes the center stage when ever she's around. I love that she's in all three books so far and I hope we continue seeing her in future novels. I almost wish she was paired with Sebastian instead of Harry, because the scenes with Sebastian and her together had me in tears. Though, since they weren't, Annabel really was a great choice. She completely compliments Sebastian in every way. Annabel has a good head on her shoulders, she's quietly strong (instead of Ms. Quinn's usual feisty heroines) and she's extremely practical. All to which Sebastian is the complete opposite of. One thing I did love about Annabel is that she's a fuller, curvier woman. I haven't seen much of this body type in romances and it always has me wondering why. It was a nice change.

As usual with Ms. Quinn's romances this story isn't one you probably haven't seen before. It really is as simple as the blurb indicates. However, It was well written and a really light hearted read. The villain was little much, though, because even now, I'm not sure to the why of his hatred for Sebastian. Also, Sebastian's quick change in his feelings about marriage really took me by surprise. He went from "Not me. Never." to "Will you marry me?" in the span of about three hours. One of the best things about Ten Things I Love About You is Sebastian's secret. And once you find out, it totally make sense from the scenes in What Happens in London. However, you won't be getting hints from me, you'll have to read Ten Things I Love About You and find out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Things I Love About You.