MacK's Reviews > The Battle of the Labyrinth

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

May 05, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, young-adult
Read from September 20 to October 01, 2010

Forgive me Oh noble gods...I've read this book, I liked this book...but it was all so many months ago that I am ashamed to say I'm going to write this with a slightly dopey perspective.

There's a kid...who has to fight some things...and deal with growing up and stuff...and...uhhh....fight monsters....and it builds to a climax that turns out well, but leaves just enough hanging to set up the final book.

Now that my 6th grade half-hearted book report/plot summary is over, I can tell you that like Riordan's other books, I quite liked this installment of Percy's Jackson's adventures. I might not remember them all, but I do remember thinking that he managed to get across an impressive amount of teenage angst in a relatively short space (unlike other authors who got exponentially longer as their series wore on Cou*Rowling*gh!).

It's easy to get caught up in serials, especially when they're as well paced and plotted as Riordan's is. It's just hard to remember them.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Battle of the Labyrinth.