Christine's Reviews > The I Hate to Cook Book

The I Hate to Cook Book by Peg Bracken

Sep 24, 10

Read from September 20 to 23, 2010

I had never heard of the original I Hate to Cook Book let alone read it so this was a whole new experience for me. Does that make me uninformed? Probably. But, cooking isn't something I care to be informed about.

I Hate to Cook Book (50th anniversary edition) is a lovely book with both quirky commentary and easy recipes designed to get women out of the kitchen and into life.

You probably aren't going to win any awards for low-sodium cooking or avoid using processed foods but the recipes are quick, fun, and actually taste good. Up to this point I've tried more than one and am looking forward to diving into some more.

The book also provides very helpful tips as you go along and the organization is perfect. Each chapter is another aspect of cooking and managing household foods that I had to do (such as what to do with leftovers, planning for company, dealing with last-minute meals, etc).

I only thing that this book is missing is some nice pictures but it manages to stand on its recipes so perhaps the pictures aren't necessary.

Overall, a worthwhile read for anyone, like me, that would rather not spend time in the kitchen.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The I Hate to Cook Book.

09/23/2010 page 150