Allendra's Reviews > The Vile Village

The Vile Village by Lemony Snicket

Sep 23, 10

Read in September, 2010

The book that I read is called The Vile Village by Lemony Snicket. This book is the 7th book in the Series of Unfortunate Events. Out of this series so far I think that this book was the best. This series is about the ups and downs of Violet,Klaus,and Sunny Baudelaire who lost their parents in a terrible fire.

In the previous book the Baudelaire orphans were sent to a prefatory school where they met the Quagmire twins. Before the twins were kidnapped they told the Baudelaire orphans that they had a secret that had something to do with the initials V.F.D.

In this book the Baudelaire orphans were notified that they were moving into a program called "It takes a village to raise a child". This program is a program that allows villages to take care of orphans.

When the orphans are ready to choose the village that they want to live in they notice that one of the villages listed is VFD. The orphans immediately choose that one. When they arrived at the village they were sent to town hall where the council of elders was holding a town meeting.

A few weeks later when the orphans start to settle in they begin to find mysterious poems. The orphans believe that the poems are written by one of the Quagmire twins. Who was writing these mysterious poems? Will the Baudelaire orphans find out the secret of the Quagmire twins? If you want to find out you have to read the book.

The vile village is a great book because it leaves you full of suspense and encourages you to read the whole series. I would recommend this book to students who are mature and can handle sad stories. On a scale of 1-5 I would give this book a 5+
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vile Village.