Jaimie's Reviews > Soulless

Soulless by Gail Carriger

Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: british, funny, paranormal, series

It took me a minute to get into this series but I think that is because for whatever reason I thought it was a YA series and was suprised at some of the more grown up humor. Plus I was on a plane when I started and had people constantly chatting me up about what I was reading and my new kindle - lame city. However once I got into it I thought it had all the componets to get me hooked to a series - good humor, witty female lead, new take on the supernatural, and some action. It has a steampunk trend but not overdone as I think some steampunk tends to go and a great lead character in Miss Tarabotti.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soulless.

Quotes Jaimie Liked

Gail Carriger
“Alexia figured, delightedly, that this meant he did, in fact, tend to traipse around his private apartments in the altogether. Marriage was becoming more and more of an attractive prospect.”
Gail Carriger, Soulless

Gail Carriger
“Miss Tarabotti was not one of life's milk-water misses--in fact, quite the opposite. Many a gentleman had likened his first meeting with her to downing a very strong cognac when one was expecting to imbibe fruit juice--that is to say, startling and apt to leave one with a distinct burning sensation.”
Gail Carriger, Soulless