Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)'s Reviews > The Hunger Games

bookshelves: favorites

** spoiler alert ** LMAAAOOOO! Thats Peeta folks! xD

Hahahahaha, Totally! xD

HAHAHAHAHA! Laughed my ass off on this! XD

OMFG. HUNGER GAMES. CINEMA. O.O IT.WAS.FREAKING.AMAZING.
Am I...am I still alive...? o.O *pinches myself* -ouch! Yes, I can stay alive for the next movie.
And I was crying before the movie even started. Damn cinema, showing 'The Titanic 3D' movie trailer. >.<
OMG, there were sooo many moments where I was crying. And God, I love my Pakistani people, they were so much fun to watch with :') <3
Go and watch The Hunger Games movie NOW!
When is the next movie coming? :'D <3

I just died. OH YES I DID becaaaussseee...
‘Hunger Games’ Clip: Peeta Mellark’s Interview With Caesar!!!
OMG PEETA LOOKS SO HOT! OMG OMG OMG! <3 And how he says, well, shes here with me! :'D

The Hunger Games ET Behind The Scenes [Extended Version]
*Yes people, in this video you can watch Peeta escaping for his life, throwing breads and hugging Katniss* EEEE! ^_^

Five Days and 21 hours till the Red carpet premiere...
OMFG OMFG OMFG! O_O
Anyway guys, KATNISS AND CINNA FULL 4 MIN SCENE!

Another SONG released. Its so creppy and weird. LOVE IT! xD
Arcade Fire - Abraham's Daughter

OMG! ONE OF THE HUNGER GAMES SCENES! xD
(When Katniss shoots arrow in the apple while preparing)
After watching this, I am like, "FUCK YEA! ^_^"

27 days.... OMFG! ^_^ SO DAMN EXCITED! :D
Anyway, new picture people!! :D

Peeta painting. Now isn’t that just adorable. XD <3

Josh Hutcherson (Awesome one)interview:

OMG OMG! THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK! <3
Deep Shadows by T.T.L:
I am getting chills. This instrumental is Perfect.

New picture! =D

*Official cover*

OMG! FIRST SOUNDTRACK RELEASED! ^_^ <3
Safe and Sound by no other than TAYLOR SWIFT FT THE CIVIL WAR.
Ok. I thought it would be like you know, metal, but this rocks! =D <3

THE OFFICIAL TRAILER! OMG OMG OMG! ITS PERFECT! ITS FAB! *girl squeal!* THIS IS SO FREAKING AMAZING! xD
For me its like, I read this series. I loved them. Then I saw the first book becoming a movie. And now watching the trailer, I feel so good. Like a dream come true. =)
And I already watched the trailer like, 15-20 times. XD

Yeah. I nearly died while looking at this pictures. X__X

Whats the use of reviewing this book when its awesome and everybody knows it! I.just.can't.wait.till.freaking.March.23.2012. =D

****** May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor ! *******

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Quotes Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Liked

Suzanne Collins
“Peeta, you said at the interview you’d had a crush on me forever. When did forever start?

Oh, let’s see. I guess the first day of school. We were five. You had on a red plaid dress and your hair...it was in two braids instead of one. My father pointed you out when we were waiting to line up."

Your father? Why?"

He said, ‘See that little girl? I wanted to marry her mother, but she ran off with a coal miner.'"

What? You’re making that up!"

No, true story. And I said, 'A coal miner? Why did she want a coal miner if she could’ve had you?' And he said, 'Because when he sings...even the birds stop to listen.”

Suzanne Collins
“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”

Suzanne Collins
“I'm coming back into focus when Caesar asks him if he has a girlfriend back home. Peeta hesitates, then gives an unconvincing shake of his head.

Handsome lad like you. There must be some special girl. Come on, what’s her name?" says Caesar.

Peeta sighs. "Well, there is this one girl. I’ve had a crush on her ever since I can remember. But I’m pretty sure she didn’t know I was alive until the reaping."

Sounds of sympathy from the crowd. Unrequited love they can relate to.

She have another fellow?" asks Caesar.

I don’t know, but a lot of boys like her," says Peeta.

So, here’s what you do. You win, you go home. She can’t turn you down then, eh?" says Caesar encouragingly.

I don’t think it’s going to work out. Winning...won’t help in my case," says Peeta.

Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified.

Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because...because...she came here with me.”

Suzanne Collins
“You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.”

Suzanne Collins
“Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when it's morning again, they'll wash away
Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.”

Suzanne Collins
“Destroying things is much easier than making them.”

Suzanne Collins
“I don't want to lose the boy with the bread.”

Suzanne Collins
“You’ve got about as much charm as a dead slug.”

Suzanne Collins
“I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, 'So now that you've got me, what are you going to do with me?' I turn into him. 'Put you somewhere you can't get hurt.”

Suzanne Collins
“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor.”

Suzanne Collins
“One more time? For the audience?" he says. His voice isn't angry. It's hollow, which is worse. Already the boy with the bread is slipping away from me.
I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I will finally have to let go.”

Suzanne Collins
“If Peeta and I were both to die, or they thought we were....My fingers fumble with the pouch on my belt, freeing it. Peeta sees it and his hand clamps on my wrist. "No, I won't let you." "Trust me," I whisper. He holds my gaze for a long moment then lets go. I loosen the top of the pouch and pour a few spoonfuls of berries into his palm. Then I fill my own. "On the count of three?" Peeta leans down and kisses me once, very gently. "The count of three," he says. We stand, our backs pressed together, our empty hands locked tight. "Hold them out. I want everyone to see," he says. I spread out my fingers, and the dark berries glisten in the sun. I give Peeta's hand one last squeeze as a signal, as a good-bye, and we begin counting. "One." Maybe I'm wrong. "Two." Maybe they don't care if we both die. "Three!" It's too late to change my mind. I lift my hand to my mouth taking one last look at the world. The berries have just passed my lips when the trumpets begin to blare. The frantic voice of Claudius Templesmith shouts above them. "Stop! Stop! Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to present the victors of the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark! I give you - the tributes of District 12!”

Suzanne Collins
“And then he gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me.”

Suzanne Collins
“Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying.”

Suzanne Collins
“Kind people have a way of working their way inside me and rooting there.”

Suzanne Collins
“Katniss, the girl who was on fire!”

Suzanne Collins
“Yes, and I’m sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people.”

Suzanne Collins
“But because two can play at this game, I stand on tiptoe and kiss his cheek. Right on his bruise. ”

Suzanne Collins
“Rue, who when you ask her what she loves most in the world, replies, of all things, “Music.”

Suzanne Collins
“They're already taking my future! They can't have the things that mattered to me in the past!”

Suzanne Collins
“All right, so give me some idea of what you can do," says Haymitch.

I can’t do anything," says Peeta, "unless you count baking bread."

Sorry, I don’t. Katniss. I already know you’re handy with a knife,” says Haymitch.

Not really. But I can hunt,” I say. “With a bow and arrow.”

And you’re good?” asks Haymitch.

I have to think about it. I’ve been putting food on the table for four years. That’s no small task. I’m not as good as my father was, but he’d had more practice. I’ve better aim than Gale, but I’ve had more practice. He’s a genius with traps and snares. “I’m all right,” I say.”

Suzanne Collins
“Well, I knew that goat would be a little gold mine," I say.
Yes, of course I was referring to that, not the lasting joy you gave your sister you love so much you took her place in the reaping," says Peeta drily.”

Suzanne Collins
“We could do it, you know."
"What?"
"Leave the district. Run off. Live in the woods. You and I, we could make it.”

Suzanne Collins
“You here to finish me off, Sweetheart?”

Suzanne Collins
“I realize, for the first time, how very lonely I've been in the arena. How comforting the presence of another human being can be.”

Suzanne Collins
“He became my confidante, someone with whom I could share thoughts I could never voice...In exchange, he trusted me with his.”

Suzanne Collins
“No. Now, shut up and eat your pears.”

Suzanne Collins
“The cat that Prim got hates me, I think partly because I tried to drown it.”

Suzanne Collins
“Oh, and I suppose the apples ate the cheese.”

Suzanne Collins
“My mother says healers are born, not made.”

Suzanne Collins
“If you appeal to the crowd, either by being humorous or brutal or eccentric, you gain favor.”

Suzanne Collins
“You’re not leaving me here alone,” I say. Because if he dies, I’ll never go home, not really. I’ll spend the rest of my life in this arena, trying to think my way out.”

Suzanne Collins
“Stupid people are dangerous.”

Suzanne Collins
“I have been keeping track of the boy with the bread.”

Suzanne Collins
“And while I was talking, the idea of actually losing Peeta hit me again and I realized how much I don't want him to die. And it's not about the sponsors. And it's not about what will happen when we get home. And it's not just that I don't want to be alone. It's him. I do not want to lose the boy with the bread.”

Suzanne Collins
“Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true, here is the place where I love you.”
Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The movie is going to be amazing! I just hope the cast can pull it off! I can't wait for the movie either!

Vera_Awesome oh yeah im planing to go wtch the movie too with my fanatic cousin! and planing to read the book

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) I am so excited!!!! ^.^

Jana (The Book Goddess) That teaser is so short though.. still I can't wait to watch the full movie

message 5: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Aug 29, 2011 09:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Did you listen to Rues 4 note whistle in the end? ^.^
I will die when the official trailer will get released, and I know I will be screaming the whole time watching the movie and shouting "I READ IT! OMG!"

message 6: by NusHrika (new)

NusHrika  ZaMan ツ This is gnna b osum....jst can't wa8 2 wtch it...:D

oceana I KNOW IT CAME OUT ON THE 14TH I STARTED SPAZZING OUT. :D

message 9: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Nov 16, 2011 03:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Seriously! I WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE NOW! >.<
I am dyyiinngg here *acting like I am dying* XD

oceana Saniya wrote: "Seriously! I WANT TO WATCH THE MOVIE NOW! >.<
I am dyyiinngg here *acting like I am dying* XD"

I KNOW JENNIFER IS EFFING AMAZING AND LENNY - LENNY!!!!

message 11: by Lissa (new) - added it

Lissa I know this is shallow but the actor playing Gale looks totally hot with dark hair.

oceana Lissa wrote: "I know this is shallow but the actor playing Gale looks totally hot with dark hair."

Not shallow. We're females who love HG that happens to have a very hot guy playing in it. Normal. ;D

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Ahhh! ^.^
IKR! Liam is hot! =D
And the worst part for me is, its releasing right after my results. :(

Look at this:
"Hunger Games" author Suzanne Collins says Josh nailed his audition as Peeta. “I tell you, if Josh had been bright purple and had six foot wings and gave that audition, I’d have been like, ‘Cast him! We can work around the wings.’ He was that good," she told EW.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Even me! But the casting was done by the personality not the appearance. So I am glad. :D
I didn't like Gale, but now after watching the trailer, I think the movie is gonna be good!

message 15: by Ne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ne love the photos. omg i cant wait to see de movie

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) IK! ^.^ I will seriously camp out, whatever for this movie! =D

message 17: by Ne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ne eheh me 2!!!

Rieyah Jamil me too. start to loving this book already

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles pictures are soooo pretty. they look great as a family. katniss and gale + peeta. awesome

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles i cant get over how good they look together! i cant wait!!!!!!

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Ah, I just love Everyone in The Hunger Games at this moment! =D Just 3 more months!!!! ^.^

Athira Oh Saniya! whr did u get these pics from?

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Facebook- Hunger Games
Google
and vanity fair! =D

Athira http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hunger-...
come and like my Fb HG page:)

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles THEY ABSOLUTELY LOOK PERFECT TOGETHER!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THEY REALLY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER!!!! OPTIMUS MAXIMUS!

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) YES! I LOVE THEM! ^_^

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles the second picture looks like a family portrait.
a-ma-zing!

Priyak Ghosh quite frankly speaking i dint like the boy who played the character of PEETA.they could have taken the boy who was in the song in you belong with me with Taylor Swift or in climb in miley cyrus...

message 29: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Dec 26, 2011 04:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Ah, I love Lucas Till, but I think the author and then the movie cast making people would have chosen Josh Hutcherson for some particular reason. I think personality mattered to them more than the outer appearances. I think I agree with who they have casted as Peeta because personally, personality is more important. Josh is more like Peeta in character and even in body type. Only his face is a bit different, other wise hes good and he loves cooking! Hes kind of perfect. I even agreed with Liam casted as Gale :)

Priyak Ghosh Gale is okay but he is not so much highlighted in The Hunger Games...

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Yeah, but Gale has a greater role in Catching Fire and Mockingjay.

Mollie CANT WAIT!!!!! And may I say this song is GORGEOUS! I cant wait to see how they use it in the film. Counting down the days....

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) IKR! The song is actually haunting! ^_^
I just can't wait to watch the movie!

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Its not just any movie, its The Hunger Games and if anybody had any problem with my review, Goodreads would have already removed it. I guess me along with 39 people like seeing whats happening in the movie as we are the die-hard fans. Any objection with my review, scroll down.

oceana People get off-topic on here and that's fine. This is Saniya's review, anyway, and she can post what she wants. I don't see the big deal here.

message 36: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Jan 29, 2012 09:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Seriously, and even if I am promoting movies, its The Hunger Games, movie of the book, not Hangover or something. And thats not even off-topic, its a part of a review that any person can write.

lalakary im reading this book right now...there's parts that I cant wait to see in a movie screen

Michele C Can't wait to see the movie! You should join my group Erudite Readers since we have a challenge for the hunger games where we read a chapter a day!

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Ah, I just got the inbox. I am in that group :)

Michele C Yay! Are you going to take part in it??

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) I have got exams starting this week and ending on 17, so I don't think so :(

Michele C Aw the chapters are pretty short so it doesn't take long to read them but i understand.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) I would love to but I don't even think I will have time :( I have to give for 7 subjects.

Ankita looks promising!!!!!!!

Kristina Ivashkov so damn excited for the movie! love the books!

Ashlyn This is the best book ever! And i share your excitement! I got my tickets for the midnight premier a few days ago! I love Peeta! :D

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) OMG! ^__^ <3 I guess I might be able to watch the movie on cinema :)

message 49: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori i just went 2 tha place they filmedd!!!!! it was awwwwesommmeee!!!!

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) OMG OMG OMG! LUCKY YOU! :D *jealous*