AH's Reviews > Extreme Exposure

Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare

Jan 28, 11

bookshelves: own, first-in-series, romantic-suspense, zzxread-jan-2011
Read from January 25 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy

I’ve found a new author to add to my list of favorites. Reading Pamela Clare’s Extreme Exposure was a real treat. From the first margarita enhanced scenes right to the very end, I was hooked. I could not put the book down.

Extreme Exposure is the story of Kara McMillan, an investigative journalist. Kara has the opportunity to expose a major polluter in her area. Her investigation puts her in danger and causes some very scary moments. Luckily, she has Senator Reece Sheridan as her protector.

I absolutely loved Kara’s character. Kara was a strong, single mother completely dedicated to her young son Connor. She is a hard worker and stands up for her rights. Her idealism is infectious. Kara has been unlucky in love, and very hesitant to start a new relationship.

And what can I say about Reece? Reece made me sigh, made me swoon, and he made me dream. Aside from being just a little too perfect, I absolutely loved him. Loved his sense of responsibility, his sense of humor, and the way he protected his woman. And yes, he is hawt!

There’s also a real thriller happening between all the love scenes. It’s a great story and kept me on the edge of my seat. The investigative journalism part of the book seemed very realistic as well. Kara had to work through tons of paperwork to find her answers. It never ceases to amaze me how much research needs to go into a newspaper story.

There are a few very memorable scenes in this book. One of my favorites included a purple jiggle stick. I’ll now look at mountain lions in a whole new way. Thanks, Reece!
Oh, and Reece, you can get me hot and bothered anytime.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extreme Exposure.

01/25/2011 page 11
3.0% ""It's a senatorial sexpose." OK, I'm hooked. Amazing how margaritas can make a conversation so entertaining." 6 comments
01/25/2011 page 52
16.0% "Jiggle stick - LOL" 4 comments
01/25/2011 page 60
18.0% ""Their tiramisu is a full-blown culinary orgasm." I'll have some of that, please!"
01/26/2011 page 150
45.0% "Nice cabin, Reece." 4 comments
01/26/2011 page 274
82.0% ""Right now I am getting you hot and bothered. In a minute, I'm going to go fill up that gigantic sunken bathtub. Then I am going to climb into the water and make you scream." "Politicians and their promises." Her words were breathy whispers. "Sweetheart, this is one promise I'm going to keep." -- Swoon." 10 comments
01/26/2011 page 335
100.0% "Wow..what an exciting conclusion and a lovely epilogue. *heavy sigh*" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erika  Badass The rest of the men, are slightly less 'perfect' but still hot as lava.

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Erika wrote: "The rest of the men, are slightly less 'perfect' but still hot as lava."

I had too much fun with this. I would read some of the parts out loud to my husband who would roll his eyes. Maybe he'll get a new idea or two... LOL!

Greta is Erikasbuddy awesome review!

That totally sounds like something my Mom would love :)

Catherine I don't think anyone who has read this book will ever forget that jiggle stick. ^_^

Greta is Erikasbuddy jiggle stick?

LOLZ!

I haven;t read it and now i WANT to know what a jiggle stick is ;)

message 6: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Greta, you might like this one. It has some very hilarious moments and some very sexy moments. Purple jiggle stick is one of the funnier moments.

Greta is Erikasbuddy oooohhhh!! But is it very CSI/Law and Order -like? I have trouble with books like that :)

message 8: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Greta is Erikasbuddy wrote: "oooohhhh!! But is it very CSI/Law and Order -like? I have trouble with books like that :)"

Not all all CSI/L&O like. Romance/smexy/suspense - no proscecution, the forensics seem to be in the background.

Greta is Erikasbuddy nice!! There's hope for my little feret brain yet ;)

MelissaB Great review AH! The rest of the series is amazing too!

message 11: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Thanks, Melissa! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of them.

Regina I haven't read the rest of the series yet, but I enjoyed Pamela Clare's historical romance series the MacKinnons.

I just loved the beginning of Extreme Exposure, I thought the beginning was very well done. And I know I have read that some reviewers were bored with the inclusion of the parenting aspect, but I thought it was well done and if it is well done and believable -- I always enjoy that inclusion.

message 13: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH I found that the parenting aspect made Kara a more complete 3 dimensional character. She couldn't just drop everything to be with Reece - babysitter had to be found. And the jiggle stick incident could not have been so funny unless it was from the eyes of a child.

Regina yes, exactly. and lol yes.

I also liked how the history of her being a parent made her who she is and Reece didn't just accept that, but liked it.

new_user AH wrote: "I found that the parenting aspect made Kara a more complete 3 dimensional character. She couldn't just drop everything to be with Reece - babysitter had to be found. And the jiggle stick incident c..."

Completely agree with you, AH. I appreciate a character who actually has some responsibilities, myself.

Buggy Super review AH, I HAVE to get to this series

message 17: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Thanks, Buggy. I've had the books sitting around for a while waiting for me to read them. I get so distracted by shiny new books.

Pamela Clare is having a contest on her website. You need to read (or reread) the 4 I-Team books by Apr15. If you do, you can be entered for the 5th book.

Details below -

Buggy Thanks for the info, I've had them sitting around for ages too thats why all these good reviews frustrate me, I wish I could read faster or quit my job or get a job reading LOL

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, AH! I'm so glad you loved this, too. The rest of the books in the series just get better and better!

message 20: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Thanks, Lady Jayne. Can't wait to start the next book!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Excellent review, AH! I loved this book and adore the entire series.

message 22: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Thanks, Dhes - I think your rave reviews introduced me to this series and I thank you again!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... AH wrote: "Thanks, Dhes - I think your rave reviews introduced me to this series and I thank you again!"

You're very welcome!! I'm glad they didn't turn you off of the series! LOL

I just loved this book, and how Reece, this highschool teacher turned politician was able to be a strong, sexy hero without the UZI. LOL