AH's Reviews > Long Time Coming

Long Time Coming by Sandra Brown

Dec 29, 10

bookshelves: first-reads, romance, zzread-dec-2010
Read on December 29, 2010 — I own a copy

I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads Giveaway. It was a signed copy and arrived with Sunset Embrace.

I would probably rate this book 2.5 stars, not because it is bad, just a little dated and cheesy. Overall, it was a nice little diversion on a cold winter's day. I don't usually read these kinds of novels.

I found that I was annoyed with both main characters. The most likable character in this story was David, the 16 year old son.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Long Time Coming.

12/29/2010 page 112

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane Congrats on winning this book!

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Thanks. It's a nice short read.

message 3: by Zeek (last edited Dec 29, 2010 04:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zeek aw see now- I love his one. Everytime I re-read it I cry. Yeah its cheesy and def. shows it age but I heart it! :) Conrats on the signed copy score!!

message 4: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Thanks, Zeek! I think I prefer her more recent books. I enjoyed Ricochet.

Greta is Erikasbuddy ack! Nahs... i don't read dem books either, but atleast you found a character you liked :)

Zeek ha! I'm just the opposite- I have almost all of her books including her recent but I havent gotten to all of the recent ones whereas with her old ones I read them as soon as I got them! (Read Slow Heat In Heaven- one of my favorite re-reads! Talk about a difficult hero!)

message 7: by Lynsey A (new)

Lynsey A I think I have this one but perhaps not. I'll have to check my shelves. I'm like Zeek and like to read her older ones. I love to collect these old Loveswept as well as her Candlelight Ecstasy books written as Rachel Ryan.

message 8: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH I never knew how prolific an author Sandra Brown is. She has sure written a lot of books. I never was a romance fan, I'm just getting into them and I prefer the later books.

message 9: by Zeek (last edited Dec 30, 2010 11:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zeek I do the same thing Lynsey! :)

Oh yes if you're not a romance fan the old stuff probably isnt your thing. BUT the one I suggested was the beginning of her change over I think- not quite as cheesy as the older stuff but still romantic. After that she got more into the romantic suspense and then finally thrillers/suspense like she puts out now.

message 10: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Slow Heat in Heaven - is this the one? If I find it, I'll give it a try. I prefer the romantic suspense - I need a little action.

message 11: by Zeek (last edited Dec 30, 2010 11:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zeek yes that's the one. I'll be interested in what you think! Like I said this is still def. in the romance phase transitioning- not sure if it your cup of tea.

By the time Charade and Where There's Smoke comes along she's most definitely in rom/suspense territory.

Laura the Highland Hussy How long did it take to get the books? I've been waiting for like 2 months and haven't gotten the one I won :S

message 13: by AH (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH Laurie - did you win books from Sandra Brown or from another author? Some books I get right away, a few others I waited months. It may depend on the release date.

Laura the Highland Hussy I won Men Times Three by Bonnie Edwards, and another one that I've completely forgotten the title of.
Luckily I've already read Men Times Three, but I thought I'd share the love and give it away once I got it.

message 15: by AH (last edited Dec 31, 2010 05:57AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

AH One book I got when I had called the publisher because they had shipped something by Purolator when we were on vacation and it had gotten returned. Turned out they had already sent me the book, but I asked about the missing book, so they shipped it to me. Have you sent an email to the person who held the contest?

I've won a lot of books - some come within a week, others take 6 weeks, and I've had a few take months. It really varies.