Aiza Cecilia's Reviews > Everything Is Illuminated

Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: 2010, own
Read in September, 2010

"… I love you also means, I love you more than anyone loves you, or has loved you, or will live you, and also, I love you in a way that no one loves you, or has loved you, or will love you,and also, I love you in a way that I love no one else, and never have loved anyone else, and never will love anyone else. He knew that it is, by love’s definition, impossible to love two people.”

What stands out the most for me are love, family, identity and loss. It reminds me of the movie 'Lost in Translation' mix with 'The Book Thief' of Mark Zusak.

I particularly like Alex voice, Brod I can totally relate to (I don't know if that's a good thing or not), and the conversations! I especially love Yankel - Brod's, the Korkel's. Awesome writing, awesome characterization.

All in all, it's a fantastic read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything Is Illuminated.

Quotes Aiza Cecilia Liked

Jonathan Safran Foer
“He was someone whom everyone admired and liked but whom nobody knew. He was like a book that you could feel good holding, that you could talk about without ever having read, that you could recommend.”
Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything Is Illuminated

09/24/2010 page 15
5.0% "...always knew he was a fiction but believed in him anyway."
show 1 hidden update…