PurplyCookie's Reviews > Ominous

Ominous by Kate Brian

Feb 27, 11

bookshelves: bitch-lit, book-series, guilty-pleasure, young-adult, witchcraft, boarding-school, revenge
Read on February 28, 2011 — I own a copy

In typical Brian fashion the story is a series of unexpected twists and turns before finally ending...only to leave you with more questions.

As much as I have absolutely loved this series, I'm afraid that its changing. The first books were about academics, fashion, and the wonder and mystery behind the fabulous Billings Girls. But now, a prequel featuring "A Book of Spells"? This isn't Harry Potter or any of the fantasy mythologically-based books that I've also been reading! It better not turn into something all about magic and other supernatural elements. What happened to the glamour, to the mystery? I miss that. Kate Brian, I hope you don't disappoint with the last book of one of my favorite series.

I guess what I'm saying is that this book isn't the best book written by Brian but it definitely was gripping. I am not a huge fan that she decided to throw in witchcraft since the series has gone from a murder-mystery thriller to a sci-fi/fantasy, but I am still interested in reading the conclusion to the series, "Vengeance".

More of Purplycookie’s Reviews @: http://www.goodreads.com/purplycookie

Book Details:

Title Ominous (Private, Book 13)
Author Kate Brian
Reviewed By Purplycookie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ominous.

PurplyCookie Thanks for liking my review Chris! :)

PurplyCookie Thanks for liking my review Serafina! :)